How many crazy sports moments are there in history? That might be impossible to count. To try to make it less intimidating, here's the 10 wildest moments in modern sports history, according to Reddit.
1. Randy Johnson kills a bird with a fastball.
2. Zinedine Zidane headbutts an opposing player in the 2006 World Cup final.
Italy won on penalty kicks.
3. Auburn returns the Kick Six to beat #1 Alabama.
4. Romain Grosjean survives a fireball crash at the 2020 F1 Bahrain Grand Prix.
Today he drives Indycar and his Twitter bio reads “fire resistant - aka the Phoenix.”
5. NBA players and fans brawl at The Malice at the Palace.
6. Leicester City wins the 2016 Premier League title.
Before the season, they were given a 0.004% chance to win the title. A $10 preseason bet would’ve paid out $50,000.
7. Vince Carter dunks over a 7’2” center in the 2000 Olympics.
Nicknamed “The Dunk of Death.”
8. Liverpool comes back from 0-3 down to beat Barcelona in the 2019 Champions League semis.
TAA with the cheeky corner to win it.
9. Mike Tyson bites off Evander Holyfield’s ear.
10. The 1992 Barcelona Olympic torch is lit using a bow and arrow.
What would you add? For me, other contenders are:
- Shaq breaking NBA backboards
- Shaun White perfect 100 to win Olympic gold
- App State beating Michigan